Mine - Yours II
( published 14th March 2002 )
I cannot find a suitable story today, so here goes yet another mine/yours one.
One boring afternoon, while working as a Scandinavian forward dealer at Merita Bank Luxembourg, I was woken up by Stein Erik, late broker/friend at Kliem Luxembourg:
- Alex I'm offering tomnext Finnmark at 10% ( tomnext = I borrow TOMorrow, I repay the following/NEXT day )
- No, thanks, no interest, Stein
- Alex, are you sure you cannot use those FIM?
- Definitely, Stein Erik, I don't want it...
Silence again, then...
( me slightly annoyed ): - Yeessss, Stein Erik?
- What's the name of the river that flows through Frankfurt?
??? - ...Main..?
- Alex, you said "Mine"? Ok at 10% I lend you 100mio FIM in tomnext...
I know, I know, very childish, but a dealer never needed much to have a laugh...
Have a nice day, and, promise, no more dealer jokes tomorrow.
Alex ( See you Stein )
A man goes to the doctor's for his wife's test results...
Mr Smith: I'm here for Mrs Smith's test results.
Receptionist: Oh I'm sorry Mr Smith, there's been a problem. We have 2 sets of test results for a Mrs Smith and we don't know which is yours. I'm afraid it's bad news or terrible news. One set shows Alzheimer's Disease, the other shows AIDS.
Mr Smith: That's awful! What should I do?
Receptionist: The doctor suggests you drop her off in the middle of town. If she finds her way home, don't shag her.